Making Matcha is a truly rewarding experience for all of us at InterAre. That's what keeping us excited every day.
In this beta release 3.0.5, we introduce "Daily Notes" and "To-dos" that we believe are really essential to make us more productive. We also have revamped our in-app tips to introduce Matcha features step by step for new users. It will be displayed only once and you can restore it from 'Settings > Restore in-app tips' menu.
There are still many new features, fixes and improvements. Check out the details below! We only ask one thing from you, please try it and give us your feedback so that we could make the best Matcha for you.
If you are already a subscriber, open TestFlight on your iOS device and install the update now, or subscribe here.
All the best,
– InterAre Team
Beta 2 (Build 3755)
- New in-app tips and video.
- New sample documents for new user to explore different uses of Matcha.
- New pinch to zoom text on the editor.
- New Redo action when long tapping on Undo button.
- New Tweet to xxx menu when tapping on a link to twitter profile
- New icon for folder and notebook in home pane
- New "All in .." shortcut under account name to show all documents in selected account.
- New animated GIF support.
- New parallax effect on main image.
- New keyboard shortcut Cmd + 1-9 to select shortcut and account in home pane.
- Add different tint color to account icon in home pane.
- Change "Moments" term to "Daily Notes".
Fixed and Improvements
- Dailly Notes by default will hide all document with custom title/file name.
- Fix a bug that cause To-dos view to show nothing when searching.
- Fix a bug that cause inline image not uploaded to Dropbox.
- Fix a bug that cause inline image could become bigger than available space.
- Resize image now will update faster with less delay.
- Enable pinch/pan to scale/crop from outside visible area.
- Fix critical issue on previous build that will make Matcha crash when trying to create a new note in Dropbox.
- Fix all inline images become blank in previous release.
- Fix video doesn't displayed with correct dimension.
- Increase background constrast of add contents bar.
- Increase maximum allowed text size when zooming the editor.
- Add bottom margin to floating photo.
- Make to-do indicator in note list darker.
- Fix changing color theme using keyboard shortcut doesn't update tint color in header bar correctly
- Show floating cursor when moving cursor using two finger touch or force touch on virtual keyboard.
- Fix invalid ENML issue when document containing intersection of hyperlink and bold text.
- Show text menu when tapping inside text selection instead of position cursor to new tap position.
- Immediately update background progress bar in note list when completing check list item.
- Prevent animation on source url field on editor header bar when opening another note.
- Improve transition and remove image flicker when resizing editor screen or rotating device.
- Fix document doesn't automatically reload after downloading new version.
- Generate single space for list item in Markdown.
- Change default create folder to a parent of selected item in home pane.
- Save creation time stamp in document metadata ('Created On').
- Change default file name to pretty name depending on user locale.
- Hide default file name in editor and note list.
- Fix a bug that cause removing title on editor doesn't show back default title.
- Add abbreviated time zone to default file name and Evernote default title.
- Move create button to the right side on Document list on iPad so it doesn't interfere with your left thumb when scrolling.
Beta 1 (Build 3025)
- Show a document as To-do and add optional due date by swiping left on it and select "Show as To-do". You can view all To-dos from the new To-dos shortcut on navigation pane.
- New document will be automatically assigned default title 'Note on [create time] at [location]' so you can easily see when and where you take the note. To add a custom title, just tap on the 'Title' button below document title on the editor.
- New 'Daily Notes' shortcut to display all your documents chronologically. Currently, Matcha will exclude any documents with custom title.
- Mark a to-do as done or note done.
- Now you can change note creation time by tapping on it on the editor.
- New 'Source' property in document header to let your add a source URL for the document. This is useful for captured document from the web.
- Add Chinese localization (beta)
- Add Indonesian localization (beta)
- New shortcut: Opt+Cmd+Space to show/hide search bar
- New shortcut: Ctrl+Cmd+C to apply next color scheme
- New shortcut: Ctrl+Cmd+Plus/Minus to increase/decrease text size
- Remove Cmd+H shortcut because since iOS 9.3, it's assigned globally to open iOS
- New keyboard shortcut
F to show find bar in the editor.
- New keyboard shortcut
G to find next and previous.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fix a bug that make Matcha crash when you add a new account.
- Fix a bug that make photos overlap when scrolling down or resizing photo.
- Fix a bug that cause Shift+Cmd+Left/Right not working.
- Fix a bug that cause character counts of selected text are not correct because it counts title text.
- Fix a bug that cause typing on title bar when uploading Evernote note will discard whatever you have typed when uploading finished.
- Fix a bug that make scrolling to top using Cmd+Up key doesn't work if the document contains header image.
- Fix delete backward on top of the document with main image doesn't behave correctly.
- Fix a bug that cause photo grow bigger and bigger when you scroll your document.
- Fix a bug that create lots of duplicate of last text block on the document.
- Fix a bug that cause selecting near by place will make all links on header bar get wrong tint colors.
- Change highlighted text background on dark theme.
- Cursor movement using keyboard keys will now skip collage photo.
- Using Return key too open selected note in note list will keep focus on note list instead of focusing on the editor. Second Return will change the focus to the editor.
- Ask user to send crash log if Matcha crashes during previous launch m
- Fix table column editing issues.
L doesn't auto select item if pressed from full screen editor.
- Fix a bug that cause moving cursor using keyboard keys doesn't update word prediction in shortcut bar.
- Move create note button up when keyboard become visible on iPad.
- When transforming to split mode, if editor is active, auto scroll to the editor.
- Enable using left/right arrow to scroll editor content horizontally.
- Fix find bar does not lay out correctly.
- When saving untitled note to Evernote, set the title to localized "Note on [timestamp]" text.